Booking Terms and Conditions
Reservations – Minimum 2-night consecutive stay
Reservations may be made by:
+44 (0)1704 538510
These are the terms and conditions that apply when you reserve a room at the Penkelie Guest House.
Please note that confirmation of a reservation constitutes the guest’s acceptance of our full terms and conditions.
You must be at least 18 years old to make a reservation.
We accept most major credit or debit cards.
You will need to provide a valid credit or debit card which is valid through-out your stay to secure your reservation.
We no longer accept personal or business cheques.
On receipt of payment, we will confirm our acceptance of your reservation by sending your confirmation details by either post or email as you require. Up on receiving of your confirmation, please take time to read them so that any mistakes can be rectified immediately and without inconvenience. We will not be liable if you provide us with incorrect information.
Room Rate Policies: Cancellation & Amendments
Non-refundable – Payment in full is required at the time of booking and is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Free Cancellation – The guest can cancel free of charge up to 7 days before arrival. On the 7th day before arrival the reservation has the same policy as a non-refundable reservation. The Penkelie will debit the total price of the reservation in the 7 days before arrival from the credit/debit card which was provide at time of booking. If we do not receive payment you will be notified, and your reservation will be cancelled.
There is no reduction for temporary absence.
Additional chargeable services provided are payable to the Penkelie Guest House.
Room Occupancy & Allocation:
You must not exceed the maximum occupancy level that you have reserved.
We reserve the right to allocate alternative room accommodation after confirmation should the unlikely need arise. Any upgrade in accommodation will not be charged extra unless room is amended on the part of the guest and a supplement will be levied.
We advise guests to take out the appropriate travel insurance to safeguard them against cancellation or reduction in length of stay.
Please not that the property does not have a lift and all bedrooms are accessible via stairs only.
Arrival & Departure:
Check-in is from 15.00 – 21.00 hrs.
Guests will be asked to fill in the relevant forms and to provide proof of identity and nationality. Overseas guests will be asked to provide their identity card or passport details.
Acceptable forms of identification are passport, driving licence or ID card.
As we are a small establishment, we cannot offer 24-hour reception. Please confirm estimated time of arrival.
Check-out is at 10.00am
On departure, please return any property belonging to the Penkelie Guest House.
The Penkelie Guest House is a non-smoking property. To comply with the legislation and for guests’ comfort, we ask that no leaf-based produces or electronic smoking appliances are smoked inside the premises or out of windows. If we find that this policy has been breach a charge of £200.00 will be charged for us to restore the room to its original smoke free condition.
At the Penkelie Guest House we will try to accommodate special requests where possible, requests are subject to availability and additional charge may apply.
Conditions of Use:
At the Penkelie Guest House we have some standard rules that are designed to ensure that we comply with regulations relating to matters such as health and safety, fire and to enhance the comfort and wellbeing of our guests.
You must not:
• Cause any health and safety hazard to any member of staff or any of our guests.
• We reserve the right to terminate your booking with immediate effect without being liable for any refund or compensation where you are engaged in unacceptable behaviour that causes a disturbance or nuisance to other guests.
• You are responsible for any damage or loss caused to us, our property, other guests or their property by your act, omission, default or neglect and you shall be liable to pay the Penkelie Guest House on demand the amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any such damage or loss.
• Smoke or drug use anywhere inside the Penkelie Guest House.
• Tamper with any fire alarms or emergency equipment.
• Bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment onto the premises.
• Use any electrical appliances such as toasters, mini cookers or portable grills,
• Prevent us from access to your room as and when required.
• Use any of the technology provided by the Penkelie Guest House to download or access any unlawful or obscene material.
If you breach any of these conditions the Penkelie Guest House may cancel your reservation with immediate effect and will be asked to leave the premises. The Penkelie Guest House will not be liable for any refund or compensation in such circumstances and you shall be liable to pay on demand the amount require to make good or remedy such damage or loss.
We reserve the right to amend terms and conditions of booking and residency any time without prior notice.